Populated by a wide variety of flora and fauna, it is home to Sergals, Agudners, and Nevreans, along with the indigenous Talyxians. It is very difficult to draw comparisons to our very own Earth. A truly alien world, Tal is host to many organisms. There are two ecosystems on the planet that vastly differ from each other, Talyxian Biomes and Eltus Biomes.
This article describes the overviews of all-natural things that happen on the planet Tal. Biomes, life forms, geography, etc. About every civilization that is cultivated by people, please head to articles of Tal's cultures and technologies.
- Talyxian Biomes: These Biomes are indigenous to the planet and are usually the most common. Talyxian plant life does not contain chlorophyll and functions akin to a primitive animal. Due to this, most of them show strange and alien-like appearances which are occupied by reddish or grayish tones instead of green-based tones, just like the colors of their ranges on the map displays. Talyxian Biomes share almost no contrast with life found on Earth. These Biomes contain a humid climate that remains constant for large periods of time. Talyxian Biomes may be referred to as "Alien Biomes" by the Eltus folks.
- Eltus Biomes: Here you will find green plant life, which contains chlorophyll and displays an appearance that is similar to that of common plants on Earth. Eltus Biomes are rare, as you will find them in very limited places. Even saltwater itself is a rare sight.
- Shigu: The region that spans the massive range of Northern areas. It is mainly comprised of Northern Sergals and can be said to be the birthplace of the Sergal race.
- Thekan: The Talyxian Biome area comprised of mostly plains and forests. Comparatively safer than other talyxian Biomes, can still pose a threat to those unprepared. This region is grassy and wooded.
- Astna: The extensive Talyxian Biome that occupies the northern regions. Most of the areas are composed of wastelands or plains which feature few forest areas.
- Salt Lake ColHazma: The Salt Lake on the northeast Talyxian Biome area. As this place provides saltwater, there are quite a few, albeit still small-scaled residential places for Eltus folks placed around the coastal regions, forming the villages of the Hazma Area.
- Hazma Area: These villages are located along the Salt Lake ColHazma shore, they were originally established by Northern Sergal shamans, but the settlements failed to thrive over the years. Nowadays, the local civilizations are on the verge of falling to ruin, with the sharpest decline beginning around 20 years ago. While the villages have been able to hold out, actively practicing shamans have not been seen in ages. Thankfully, Ekay's father has prevented this, doing his part to assist in village reconstruction and repair during his travels. There has also been a cultural exchange with the Eastern lands, including sergals and agudners from Reono. This area contains plural villages as the map displays, Adzma Village, Nihazma Village, and Izma Village.
- Zyngoe Forest: The Talyxian Biome area which forms a forest. The locations of the Vilous manga episode 4, "The Twelve Plainswalkers", make references to areas around this forest. This area contains plural derivative forests as the map displays, Sivran, Baezyn, Kibezyn, and Terzyn.
- ColThlan: The area composed of plural salt lakes. Information is still pending.
- Reono: The region composed of various guilds, their cities and towns that span from the Eastern to the Middle areas. This is where Eastern Sergals and Eastern Agudners call home. This region is recognized by ambiguous range, there is no clear border as a nation such as Shigu and Gold Ring. This region features hunting-full life, near-wildlife environment, rich resources of organic and natural material.
- Etai: The neighboring city to Tesae, serving as the defacto chokepoint connector to the extending network of roads branching out throughout Reono and around the Lyvanks.
- Tesae: One of the biggest cities in Reono. It is there that small caravan carriages and their cargo (carried by man-powered pull-carts) can be transferred to larger, more robust carriages or join up with another trade association in order to form a larger group or conglomerate.
- Lyvank Mountains: The alpine region containing a source of salts and habitation of rare and precious Eltus plants. There is the Eltus Biomes sanctuary on summit areas.
- Magoe: The incredibly dangerous, deep, uncharted wilderness of Talyxian Biomes that forms forest type places.
- Lower Magoe: The wood or forest type Talyxian Biome region. Riskiness depends on the areas, some shallower areas are still comparatively safe for Eltus race people and being explored and pioneered by people.
- Magaci: Village areas hosted on the swampland that is between Magoe and Lower Magoe. Composed of old and rural Southern Agudners that have been continued from Agur's age.
- Mutz-z Desert: The desert area. Information is still pending.
- Tors Desert: The desert area. Information is still pending.
- Kef: The barren area. The name "Kef" means "Nothing", "Blind Alley", or "Unlimited." The desert area on the edge of the northwest also corresponds to Kef.
- Salt Lake ColVilous: The largest salt lake on Tal, enough to be classified as a sea. There are large quantities of Eltus life around the coastal regions, including the nation of Gold Ring.
- Gold Ring: The greatest nation, most civilized and developed city area on Tal, which forms collective areas of cities and towns on around the Salt Lake ColVilous. Built by Southern native species of Agudners and Sergals.
- Vetla: The Talyxian Biome area which forms forest, which is the original habitat of the extinct race, Western Sergals.
- Nevrea: The region occupied by very steep and craggy mountains, "Nev Mountains", which is the homeland of the Nevrean race.
- Hat-hetno: The Talyxian Biome area which forms forest. Information is still pending.
- Ohathe: The mysterious, uncharted, unexplored Talyxian Biome area which forms a forest. There are still no Eltus people who have reached and stepped into this region.
- Sailzane: The greatest desert zone of Tal. As "Sailzane" means "the white sea", colors of rock and sand are almost identical to white. Soil includes salts in the underground, there is no rich source of life but also a lack of many hostile creatures.
- Salt Road: The trade routes connecting Gold Ring and Reono, and it refers to the way to cross the desert zone.
Tal is larger than Earth, but shares more in common with the Sol systems dryer celestial bodies, such as Mars or Titan.
The planet's atmosphere is thin with a lower gravitational force than Earth. Tal's gravitational force is yet to be disclosed, but for comparison, Earth's gravitational force is 1 G or 9.807 m/s².
There are remarkable differences in climates between Talyxian Biome realms and outside of those.
The climates outside of Talyxian Biome realms such as deserts are dry and arid, there is a quite large temperature difference between day and night.
In contrast, the environments within Talyxian Biome realms contain a humid climate that remains constant for large periods of time.
Some examples of creatures that belong to the Talyxian organism group.
A general overview on the Eltus Organism Group, which is comprised of the Eltus races, Plants, animals as well as the ancestral, original Eltus race of people.
Primary species in Tal are divided into two broad groups: Talyxians and Eltus. Those two groups are totally different from each other in everything almost. Primary sapient species that Tal hosts are the three races from Eltus species - Sergals, Agudners, and Nevreans.
Tal's most of the wildlife consists of Talyxian creatures and a host of unclassified or undocumented species, such as fish, insects, worms, mollusks, and plants inhabiting everywhere from urban or suburban areas to a virgin forest and deep wilderness. Those creatures are native to Tal and generally classified as "Primitive creatures", and recognize as "alien biomes" from Eltus races. An outlook on the scene of Tal that is composed with those alien biomes is considerably different from Earth. Strange Talyxian biome plants without chlorophyll occupy most of the planet Tal, demonstrating its unusual characteristics. There are animals on Tal that are peculiarly different as well from Earth's animals although they may share the same name.
There's also a few creatures that belong to Eltus species, such as animals and plants. But those Eltus biome creatures are very few and minority groups in comparison with Talyxian biome creatures.
Geography and Living Space
There is a great deal of land, as Tal is larger than Earth. However, the ColVilous salt lake is the only "coastal" land on the planet, there are no other seas. The ColVilous Salt Lake and surrounding regions are said to be the homeland of Sergals in the myth of Vilous.
Gold Ring exists as the greatest city in Tal. Roughly crescent shaped, it partially surrounds the coast of the ColVilous Salt Lake. As construction of urban areas continues, Gold Ring gradually encircles the ColVilous Salt Lake further, and is expected to eventually encircle the entire sea (becoming a "gold ring" around the lake).
All sentient races are treated equally in the city. Furthermore, the words "person", "people", and "human" don't mean "human on Earth", but more generally refer to any of the sapient species.
Many Talyxian-rooters do not mingle regularly with the societies of the Eltus races, but those who do often take jobs in medicine or research. Because most other Talyxians have very different physical bodies, mixing with society is very difficult for them.
Modernization occurred most rapidly in areas where southern Sergals and Agudners coexisted (including Gold Ring). Many areas in the middle east and the east host modern civilization, but most of the north and west host only primitive or tribal civilizations.
A place by the black swamp, located neighborhood of Lower Magoe. This place is a sightseeing spot, and there are accommodation facilities close to the swamp. There are sightseeing group because safety for traffic is secured if they avoid entering the forest.
ColVilous Salt Lake is the largest body of water on Tal, and also the only significant saline one. Freshwater bogs exist in most of the non-desert regions, and Talyxian biomes also have many freshwater lakes.
Salt is an uncommon substance on the surface of Tal, found only in ColVilous salt lake, underground in the Sailzane desert, and in Lyvank Mountains. Salt is a daily necessity for Eltus species, who use it to make medicine, cook, and defend against attack from Talyxian wildlife, who cannot metabolize salt and are thus generally repelled by it.
ColVilous Salt Lake's water is very saline, and there is a high concentration of other minerals in the water and the soil of the Sailzane desert region. Eltus people can use this water as drinking water by diluting or filtering it. Because Eltus plants prefer salt unlike Talyxian biome, green plants are actively cultivated in coastal places.
There are some small salt lakes in each region but they do not usually last long after discovery, as pollution from salt mining will quickly render them unusable, and vulnerable to takeover by the encroaching Talyxian biome. The overtaken lake can be restored with diligence and great effort, but without that, the composition of the soil changes as time passes, and eventually Eltus plants can no longer grow there. The soil in Eltus biomes and Talyxian ones is radically different, which makes it very unusual for the two environments to coexist. Furthermore, if they border each other, the Talyxian biome will erode away at the Eltus, so Eltus biomes are fragile and must be fiercely protected.
A wood in the Lower Magoe area, a location within the Talyxian Biome. Strange and alien Talyxian trees can be seen. The bark of red trees shows the vivid pink glitter through the reflection of sunlight.
There are two broad classifications of plantlife on Tal, Talyxian plants, which are indigenous to Tal, and Eltus plants, which are not. It can be difficult to classify native Talyxian organisms as plants or animals because most native plant life is capable of locomotion or even active predation, but it is easy to differentiate between Talyxian and Eltus plants because Eltus plants are immobile, grow best in saltwater, have chlorophyll, and are generally shades of green (earning them their common nickname, "green plants").
Undisturbed Talyxian ecosystems, such as virgin forests and unexplored wilderness, are almost exclusively composed of native plants and some primitive creatures. In settled areas, there may exist pockets of Eltus plants. Much of Tal is unsettled, and the Eltus biome is comparatively very small.
The plants which cannot move are often considered beautiful in appearance and are popular for decoration. Many such plants are cultivated in a similar manner as air plants and are commonly hung on eaves in the city. Plants are also selectively grown and bred for desirable colors and shapes.
There are many kinds of material and the microbe of the pathogen in Tal. Also, the ill system is different from Eltus and Talyxians.
In Eltus's ill, "Magoe Cold (マゴイ風邪)" exists. But Elust races have strong immunity generally.
In Talyxian's ill, "Deovi (デヨビ)" that is things like an athlete's foot exists, it appears on The comics series of Vilous daily life in Gold Ring.
Read this article: Talyxians
Culture and Civilization
All of the sections of this moved to Tal's cultures and technologies
Enjoy the Stories!
Peek at the World!
Terms of Service